YA Materials, Literature Log, Book #18: Zenith

Title: Zenith

Author: Sasha Alsberg & Lindsay Cummings

Category: Free Choice


Androma Racella is a criminal and a bounty hunter, known to many only as the Bloody Baroness. She travels the galaxy with her crew, refusing to return home, where she knows she faces certain death. However, the past catches up with Andy, and her ship is captured by her ex - Dex, a legal bounty hunter working for the leader of her home planet, and who comes with an offer: help him rescue the general's son, or be put to death. Andy accepts, and the galaxy, she finds, will never be the same.


I will admit that I did not enjoy this book. The characters were rather annoying, and I found the story to be convoluted. The villain of the story was the most interesting character, and I did not appreciate that. However, I can see teens liking this novel. I would use it in a library setting in celebration of science fiction and space travel, as this story deals heavily in such topics. I think teens will enjoy the fast-paced storytelling and admittedly fun-to-read battle scenes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Materials, Literature Logs, Book #20: Dear Martin

YA Materials, Literature Log, Book #11: The 57 Bus

YA Materials, Literature Log, Book #15: Girl in the Blue Coat