March TBR


I'm very excited to share my March TBR! The Goodreads group I'm a part of, The Reading Frenzy, is running a "Travel-a-Thon" themed challenge each month this year, and for March, the "place" we are traveling to is Ireland! So all of the prompts are themed after Ireland or Irish things. I've got the prompts listed below, so you can check them out and see which books match which prompts!

Brogue: read a book with a title that rhymes.
For this prompt, I could only find My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows! That's just fine by me, as My Plain Jane is a Jane Eyre retelling, and Jane Eyre is one of my all-time favorite books!

Shamrock: read a book with a green cover.
The first book that I found for this prompt was Splintered by A.G. Howard! I've heard lots of good things about this one, so I'm excited!

Good Luck: close your eyes and randomly choose a book from your shelf.
So for this one, I chose to only use my black TBR bookshelf, as including my TBR stacks would be too complicated. My hand landed on Vitro by Jessica Khoury, which is slightly disappointing, because I was hoping it would land on An Ember in the Ashes, but I'm interested to see what this book is about!

Shepards Pie: read a book that combines two or more genres.
This one was hard, but I managed to find The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing by M.T. Anderson, which is a historical science fiction story.

Guinness: read a dark or hard-hitting book.
For this one, my very first thought was The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead. My mom read this recently and thought I'd enjoy it, and it's been on my TBR for at least two years, so it's time!

Bonus: read a book set in Ireland.
I struggled to find a book for this, until Mom suggested I read Angela's Ashes, a memoir that she enjoyed. I hope I like it too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Materials, Literature Logs, Book #20: Dear Martin

TBR: July

YA Materials, Literature Log, Book #11: The 57 Bus