TBR: July


For the month of July, a Goodreads group I'm a part of (The Reading Frenzy) is doing a TBR challenge! The theme is "Run Away With the Circus". The above are my choices, designed to match the categories as follows:

Menagerie: Read a book with an animal in the title - The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden, which I've already started and am enjoying so far!

Big Top: Read a book with red and white on the cover - The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I've not yet read this novel, despite a desire to for years, so I'm very excited to get started on it!

Cotton Candy: Read a light and fluffy book - Grimm's Fairy Tales. I don't have many "fluffy" books, so I thought fairy tales were a good substitute!

Flyers: Read a book about/set in space - Artemis by Andy Weir. I love Weir's first novel, The Martian, so of course I bought this one when it came out. I hope it's just as good!

Grandstand: Read a hyped book - Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I have many books that could have fit this description, but I went with Six of Crows because I figured it was about time I read it!

And finally, Ringmaster: Read the first book in a series or a standalone - Terrier by Tamora Pierce. I also could have done almost anything with this category, but I chose Terrier for two reasons: I already own the next two books in the series (also pictured), and I love Tamora Pierce's writing!

So, that's my TBR for this month! I'll do my best to post reviews as I finish them, and feel free to leave a comment for what your TBR would be for these categories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA Materials, Literature Logs, Book #20: Dear Martin

YA Materials, Literature Log, Book #11: The 57 Bus